Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? began in the fall of 1996
replacing the former PBS Carmen show, Where in
the World is Carmen Sandiego? This show was also produced by
WQED Pittsburg and WGBH Boston. It ran on PBS until 1998, I believe.
This game show was hosted by Kevin Shinick and featured Lynne Thigpen reprising
her role as the Chief. The show also had a live-action Carmen Sandiego as well as live action VILE members as opposed
to World's cartoon characters.
Carmen's henchmen in the series were as follows:
The show featured an opening round in which contestants answered questions about
about History. In the second round,
contestants ranked eight events from most recent to
earliest. Then in the final round, one contestant had to
answer six multiple choice questions asked by Carmen in 90 seconds by
around the set through the gateways of time. A correct answer
allowed the contestant to pass through it. If the contestant answered
incorrectly, they must manually open the gate. If the contestant passed through 6 gates in time, he or she won a computer system.
- Jacquelyn Hyde - the thief with two personalites. One is sweet (Jacquelyn),
the other berserk (Hyde)
- Sir VILE- the evil knight who will do anything his lady (Carmen) commands
him to do
- Dr. Belljar- the evil/mad scientist who is a cyborg
- Medeva- the medieval wicked witch who always speaks in rhyme
- Baron Wasteland- a rich man who hates clean air
- Buggs Zapper- a gangster who hates insects
Contributors: Zach Horan, Jaci Harris, Dr. Thinker, George (GTYCHEN@aol.com) and Shelly
Do you have more information to contribute? Simply e-mail me at:
email@example.com . I
will credit anyone who sends me information.
Back to the Index
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page